Division : Studio
Job : Render TD
The Render TD (or Wrangler) supports the 24x7 rendering production of all shows running in the studio. This mission critical role brings a deep comprehension of all aspects of the technical production pipeline. They interact closely with production artists from all departments of the production floor (FX, Light, Compositing, Animation, Layout, …), as well as work with the TD team, IT team and Development team to plan and maintain the render schedule. The knowledge the render TD gains while analyzing and reporting on encountered errors, allows him to proactively detect and solve job issues before it affects the floor.
- Monitor, manage and keep the render farm running at maximum capacity
- Monitor, manage and check rendered shots, guaranteeing deliveries for dailies & rounds.
- Manage and allocate resources for the different productions.
- Assist artists in analyzing problems encountered after submission to the farm.
- Monitor the state of the farm and health of its hardware.
- Help in the analysis of resource usage on a per-shot per-project basis
- Escalate problems with farm hardware to the IT Team.
- Escalate frequent errors to the TD / Pipeline teams.
- Situationally, fix problems related to scenes and data.
Beneficial Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Deadline
- Knowledgeable in 3D Content Creation Tools (Maya, Arnold, Nuke, Renderman)
- Knowledge of Python scripting language
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Good communication skills and able to synthesize relevant reports and statistics.
- Familiarity with FX, Lighting and Comp in Animation Productions
- Experience in using Linux-based machines
Dwarf Animation Studio is a place of convergence between cutting edge technology and traditional media where computer animation films are designed. We innovate in the art of storytelling by pushing the boundaries, inventing immersive and believable worlds. We foster a philosophy that brings together artists and technologists in a creative yet collaborative environment.
Our Engineers are committed to developing state-of-the-art software solutions to advance the ever-growing challenges in computer animation, they are responsible for analyzing production procedures and problems, evaluating the effectiveness of existing solutions, making recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and workflow. This is an opportunity to join a small and highly innovative crew working on the studio pipeline.
How to ApplyPlease complete our application form here :