Division : Studio
Poste : Shader Writer
We are currently seeking a senior Shader Writer to support the look development of the CG assets and write/create shaders based solutions for production needs in collaboration with supervisors and R&D team. This a technical and artistic problem solving position and as such requires a keen aesthetic eye and a deep technical understanding of 3D rendering and shader writing.
Essential Functions :
- Work with digital supervisor and R&D to ensure all shaders are optimized, production ready and fit into studio standards and conventions.
- Design, create, modify and improve our internal lighting tool shaders in C/C++
- Help establish studio shader writing conventions and texturing and shading workflow and pipeline
- Maintain and expand existing codebase base on production need
- Ensure shaders are compatible with the existing shader framework
- Develop other plugins or stand-alone programs that are related to shading workflow such as C/C++ shadops and other utilities that deal with the in-house software
- Collaborate on best practices and work to remediate workflow inefficiencies
Essential Skills :
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work with wide variety of people
- Experience with one or more of the followings CG applications (Renderman, Maya, 3delight, any render engine)
- Experience in Animation, VFX and Games Industry
- Experience in Python and Linux OS
Desirable Skills :
- C++ knowledge is a plus
- QT, pyqt/pyside UI coding experience
Dwarf Animation Studio is a place of convergence between cutting edge technology and traditional media where computer animation films are designed. We innovate in the art of storytelling by pushing the boundaries, inventing immersive and believable worlds. We foster a philosophy that brings together artists and technologists in a creative yet collaborative environment.
Our Engineers are committed to developing state-of-the-art software solutions to advance the ever-growing challenges in computer animation, they are responsible for analyzing production procedures and problems, evaluating the effectiveness of existing solutions, making recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and workflow. This is an opportunity to join a small and highly innovative crew working on studio pipeline.
Please complete our application form here :
How to Apply :