Division : Feature
Job : Surfacing Artist
Dwarf Animation Studio is currently seeking Surfacing Artist.
We are currently seeking a senior Surfacing Artist to join the team. The Surfacing Artist will interpret and develop Textures and surface shaders of the Characters, Props and Environments of the movie based on the Production Design. The surfacing Artist will develop computer graphic surfaces using concept art references and designs bringing a visual textural structure to life. The Surfacing department delivers production ready libraries working closely with other depts such as Lighting and Modeling.
- Strong creative skills and a thorough understanding of the techniques required to generate trexture images to both interpret designs and accurately match the art references.
- Great attention to details.
- Previous experience creating textures for stylized characters, organic and hard surface digital model.
- Excellent Mari skills and a good understanding of 3D sculpture and paint packages.
- Substance knowledge
- Ability to apply and manage Uvs
- Understanding of the feature animation pipeline, from modeling through rigging, animation and Lighting.
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Stong communication skills and ability to efficiently organise and prioritise work across multiple areas
- Ability to take direction and feedback
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround
- 3+ years of experience working on high quality texturing shading and surfacing required.
- Proven ability in surfacing and shading
- A positive, can-do attitude ; And team player
- Adaptable and with willingness to learn new skills and techniques ( including proprietary software)
- Experience working within a Unix / Linux environment; And within a Shotgun facility
- Good English communication skills is a plus (verbal and written).
Company DescriptionDwarf Animation Studio is a place of convergence between cutting edge technology and traditional media where computer animation films are designed. We innovate in the art of storytelling by pushing the boundaries, inventing immersive and believable worlds. We foster a philosophy that brings together artists and technologists in a creative yet collaborative environment. Our Engineers are committed to developing state-of-the-art software solutions to advance the ever-growing challenges in computer animation, they are responsible for analyzing production procedures and problems, evaluating the effectiveness of existing solutions, making recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and workflow. This is an opportunity to join a small and highly innovative crew working on studio pipeline.
How to ApplyPlease complete our application form here :