Department: Environment Modeling
Job :Environment Artist
Job :Environment Artist
Dwarf Animation Studio is currently seeking Environment Artist
Job DescriptionWe are currently seeking a senior environment modeling to join the team. The Environment Modeling Artist will interpret and develop the animated world of the movie based the Production Design. The modelling Artist will develop computer graphic objects using concept art references and designs bringing a believable world to life. The Environment department delivers production ready assets working closely with other depts such as Layout and Surfacing.
- Experience with creating animated feature film assets, ranging from high-end environments, props and vehicles using hard surface and organic technics;
- Strong knowledge of the visual structure, with a strong understanding of volume, line & shape;
- Proficiency using 3D packages such Maya, Blender. Good knowledge with other industry standards such as Zbrush, Mudbox, speedtree;
- Strong understanding of polygon flow, subdivision modeling, optimizations and level of details;
- Strong understanding of Art direction using concept art and design as well photo reference when needed;
- Good communication, collaboration and interaction skills to work well within a team environment and multiple departments. , collaboration and interaction skills to work well within a team environment and multiple departments.
- 4+ years' experience in Animated feature or High end animated TV Show;
- Good understanding texture and surfacing generation process using industry standard software such as Substance Designer, Mari, Arnold, Renderman;
- Knowledge of Python / TCL for automation process and work environment optimization;
- Experience working within a Unix / Linux environment;
- Experience working within a Shotgun facility;
- Good English communication skills (verbal and written).
Company DescriptionDwarf Animation Studio is a place of convergence between cutting edge technology and traditional media where computer animation films are designed. We innovate in the art of storytelling by pushing the boundaries, inventing immersive and believable worlds. We foster a philosophy that brings together artists and technologists in a creative yet collaborative environment. Our Engineers are committed to developing state-of-the-art software solutions to advance the ever-growing challenges in computer animation, they are responsible for analyzing production procedures and problems, evaluating the effectiveness of existing solutions, making recommendations to improve quality, efficiency, and workflow. This is an opportunity to join a small and highly innovative crew working on studio pipeline.
How to Apply
Please complete our application form here: